Support California Institutions With a Snoopy License Plate
It was the widow of Charles Schulz, the artist who depicted the beagle "Snoopy", who initiated the steps to have a license plate featuring the famous dog, in 2003. She had founded Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, birthplace of Charles Schulz, honoring the cartoonist. During the process she discovered the ever-present need for funding by California state owned museums. The process took 12 years due to a change in the process and parameters, including a commitment of 7,500 pre-orders! The plates were introduced in May 2015.
"To help meet this need, Ms. Schulz and Peanuts Worldwide, as the copyright holders, are generously giving royalty-free rights to Snoopy's image to benefit museums."
Sequential Snoopy license plates www.snoopyplate.com
- Feature a reproduction of an original Snoopy drawing by Charles Schulz
- Help California institutions:
- Art and history museums
- Science centers
- Children’s museums
- $50 ($40 per year to renew)
- Personalized plates are $103 ($83 per year to renew)
- Available for cars, trucks, vans, boats, commercial vehicles, RV’s, and motorcycles
The California Cultural and Historical Endowment (CCHE), a state entity, administers the California Museum Grant Program with funds raised from Snoopy license plates. Find out more at library.ca.gov/grants/cche/. Proceeds generated from the sales of official Snoopy Special license plates go into a designated fund administered by the California Cultural and Historical Endowment to support the Museum Grant Program, which benefits California museums.
Additional information: FAQ (calmuseums.org)
More News from Los Angeles
- RV Residents on L.A. Streets and the Vanlords While the 2016 City Council alteration of the Municipal Code, concerning people living in a RV on the street, may have had good intentions the repercussions 7 years later are huge.
- Walmart Begins Rom-Com Shoppable Ad Format Romantic comedies have become synonymous with Hallmark and now Walmart is tapping into this relatable happy format while including a shoppable item option amidst the storyline