Timeline of the Grim Encino/Tarzana Murder
Tuesday 11/7/23- Time stamp of activities are from a home security video across the street
- 3:53pm Sam Haskell IV contracts workmen for $500 to cart away two large trash bags which he said were full of rocks and then described it as Halloween decor-
- the workmen discover body parts inside
- 4:15pm the workmen return the $500 and bags to Haskell
- 4:22pm Haskell leaves his house
- The workers go to the California Highway Patrol to make a report but are told to go to the LAPD
- The workers now go to Topanga LAPD and are told "to leave the station, and call 911 from the parking lot"
- Police go to the Haskell home, but do not find the bags. They have no authority or jurisdiction to enter the home.
Surveillance camera footage, obtained by Fox News, shows a white vehicle driving into the parking lot in Encino. A man is then seen exiting the vehicle, opening the trunk, and then struggling to lift a large bag from the trunk. Additionally, a passerby noticing the situation took a picture of the SUV's license plate. Both the surveillance video and photo were received by the police.
- 6:00am Homeless man discovers a torso in a bag, while looking for recyclables in a dumpster near Ventura Boulevard and Rubio Avenue
- 11:30am Samuel Haskell Jr. is arrested at the Topanga Mall in Woodland Hills. He remains in jail, being held on $2million bail in Van Nuys .
- Haskell & his wife have three children, aged 6, 8 and 12, who were
- in school Wednesday
- picked up by Child Services
- are now being taken care of by family members
- Haskell & his wife own two cars which are both missing:
- White VW Tiguan
- White 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
- The body has not been identified
- Mrs. Mei Haskell is still missing
- Mrs. Haskell's parents, Yanxiang Wang & Gaoshen Li are missing
- The first court date for Samuel Haskell Jr is Monday November 13, 2023, presumably in Van Nuys.
More News from Los Angeles
- RV Residents on L.A. Streets and the Vanlords While the 2016 City Council alteration of the Municipal Code, concerning people living in a RV on the street, may have had good intentions the repercussions 7 years later are huge.
- Walmart Begins Rom-Com Shoppable Ad Format Romantic comedies have become synonymous with Hallmark and now Walmart is tapping into this relatable happy format while including a shoppable item option amidst the storyline