LA City Council Meeting to Designate Additional Locations Banning Homeless Encampments
UPDATE: This item from October 14th meeting has been moved to the October 18th meeting. As Item 31
Numerous locations throughout the city are designated, under LAMC Sect 41.18, as restricted from obstruction of public-right-of-way with distinct enforcement parameters posted. The latest is in CD 10 and scheduled to be voted on by the Council Members.
RESOLUTION (HUTT - BUSCAINO) relative to the designation of locations in Council District 10 for enforcement against sitting, lying, sleeping, or storing, using, maintaining, or placing personal property, or otherwise obstructing the public right-of-way, as further detailed in Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) Section 41.18.
Recommendations for Council action:
- RESOLVE, pursuant to Section 41.18 of the LAMC, to designate the following locations for enforcement against sitting, lying, sleeping, or storing, using, maintaining, or placing personal property, or otherwise obstructing the public right-of-way, up to the maximum period of time prescribed, and further detailed in the LAMC:
- Beverlywood and 10 Freeway between Garth and Corning - Underpass
- Venice and 10 Freeway between David and La Cienega - Underpass
- Washington and 10 Freeway between Electric and Fairfax - Underpass
- Harcourt and 10 Freeway between Adams and 23rd - Underpass
- RESOLVE to direct and authorize the City department(s) with jurisdiction over the identified locations to post appropriate notices of the above prohibitions at these locations, and to begin enforcement upon the expiration of any required posting period.
The Council meetings will be broadcast live on Cable Television Channel 35, on the internet at https://clerk.lacity.org/calendar, and on YouTube. The live audio of the hearing will be available via telephone at: (213) 621-CITY (Metro), (818) 904-9450 (Valley), (310) 471-CITY (Westside), and (310) 547-CITY (San Pedro Area). If the live video or audio is unavailable via one of these channels, members of the public should try another channel.
Members of the public may also attend the Council meetings in-person. Live, oral public comment will be taken in-person, only, and not via teleconference. Please note that, pursuant to Municipal Code Section 200.123, proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or of a negative Covid-19 test within the prior 72 hours will be required to enter the City Hall building for any purpose. Proof of a negative test requires a printed document, email, or text message displayed on a phone from a test provider or laboratory showing the results of a PCR or antigen Covid-19 test. Additionally, pursuant to Mayoral directives, indoor masking will be required regardless of vaccination status or proof of a negative test. Written public comment may be submitted at LACouncilComment.com.